Book like new, never been read. Free next day shipping in the USA, 30 days return shipping.
A proven pedagogical framework gives students the support they need!
Now with an even stronger pedagogical framework, Moran & Shapiro’s Fifth Edition of Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics presents a comprehensive treatment of engineering thermodynamics. The text helps you develop a deeper and more complete understanding of the subject.
Here’s how Moran & Shapiro’s approach works:
- New Thermodynamics in the News items tie reports from the popular press, such as fuel cells, to concepts covered in the text.
- A strong problem-solving methodology encourages readers to develop an orderly approach to problem solving, think systematically, and reduce typical errors.
- End-of-chapter materials builds problem-solving skills in three modes: Conceptual (Exercises: Things Engineers Think About); Skill building (Problems: Developing Engineering Skills); and Exploration (Design and Open-Ended Problems: Exploring Engineering Practice).
- Online study guide, including key concepts summaries and additional homework problems with answers and selected solutions, offer tools to test your understanding of chapter material.
- Design/Open-Ended Problems provide brief design experiences that provide opportunities to think creatively, apply constraints, and consider alternatives.
- Thorough development of the second law, featuring the entropy production concept and energy analysis, provide a state-of-the-art introduction to second law analysis.
- IT: Interactive Thermodynamics software (purchased separately) features property data calculation, systems modeling, and “what if’ calculation capabilities, so you can explore more realistic thermodynamic system behavior.
- ThermoNet tutorials for basic engineering concepts feature animations, pop-up quizzes, and additional worked examples. Available through the book’s website.
There are no reviews yet.